The data security act of 2015: How credit unions benefit

first_imgThe U.S. House Financial Services Committee recently passed the Data Security Act of 2015. The bill has some positive implications to credit unions and financial institutions, but does present some challenges for state privacy laws and small businesses. The act would establish consistent standards nationwide for data security requirements and data breach notification requirements.Without the act, if a merchant is negligent to upgrade security software to protect cards on file, or a small merchant doesn’t implement necessary security to protect credit and debit card information collected over the internet, in-store, or over the phone, the card issuer is responsible for making the cardholder whole in the case of breach of the cardholder’s data. That is to say, the merchant, the one handling the card data, is not liable for the fraud incurred even if it is under their control. The roll-out of EMV does not address breaches of the millions of card data being stored by merchants. Also when there is a breach, there is no rule that says when or if the breach should be announced, and to whom.Great for Credit Unions. Challenging for Small Businesses.The Data Security Act is written to level the playing field by creating a nationwide standard to address these holes. This is great for credit unions as it potentially decreases the cost of fraud by forcing merchants to meet federal standards while not adding any additional burdens to credit unions. However, it may not be great for small business owners, who may not be aware of, or be able to meet compliance standards. continue reading » 4SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblrlast_img read more

Read More

Miguel Almiron’s agent reveals he rejected January offer from Arsenal

first_imgEmery had been keen to bring in January reinforcements and had his eye on Almiron (Getty)Arsenal were hamstrung by their lack of funds in the January window, limited to only making loan signings.Unai Emery had wanted to bolster his options with both a winger and a midfielder, eventually bringing in Denis Suarez from Barcelona on a six-month deal, with Almiron moving to Newcastle instead.More: Manchester United FCRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseEx-Man Utd coach blasts Ed Woodward for two key transfer errors The Paraguayan has quickly made a big impression at St James’ Park (Picture: Getty)The agent of Newcastle United’s record signing Miguel Almiron says a host of Premier League clubs tried to sign him in January, including Arsenal, but he was not impressed by the Gunners’ offer.The Paraguay playmaker moved to St James’ Park from Atlanta United in a £20million deal that finally saw the Magpies break their transfer record almost 14 years after signing Michael Owen from Real Madrid for £16m in 2005.Almiron had plenty of suitors after impressing enormously in Major League Soccer and was named in the Team of the Year as Atlanta won the MLS Cup. Miguel Almiron’s agent reveals he turned down Arsenal to join Newcastle United Almiron started again on Tuesday night against Burnley (Picture: Getty)Now the 25-year-old’s agent, Daniel Campos, has claimed that Arsenal approached Almiron over a January loan move – though the player was only interested in a permanent deal.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT‘Miguel Almiron is a footballer who went from less to more, now he is a more complete footballer,’ Campos told Paraguayan radio station ABC Cardinal.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘There was interest shown by Manchester United in Miguel Almiron but they never made an offer.‘Arsenal and Southampton offered loan deals for Miguel Almiron but we did not want it to be a loan.’ Commentcenter_img Metro Sport ReporterTuesday 26 Feb 2019 9:43 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link392Shares Advertisement Advertisementlast_img read more

Read More

Lady Wildcats Defeated By Lady Bulldogs

first_imgIt was a slow night for the Lady Wildcats as they fell to The Centerville Lady Bulldogs 25-13, 25-22, 25-17.It was hard to come back from it all. Kayley Schoettelkotte had a great night with 6 kills who was just behind Kamryn McCool who had 7 kills. Kendall McCool had 2 aces wuth 6 assists and 3 digs. Meredith Bohman and Layne Steele each had 4 kills.The girls will be back in action tomorrow night as they host Milan. Please come out and cheer these great girls to victory.Courtesy of Wildcats Coach Tanya Wirtz.last_img read more

Read More

Lady Trojans Sweep Lady Wildcats

first_imgECVB traveled to FC last night and came out victorious at all 3 levels.EC vs FC 10-2-18We played well last night and kept the control the entire match. We kept them out of system with good serving and a quick offense. Everyone had a solid game last night.Varsity is now 24-2 on the season and 12-1 in the EIAC.Next up: Harrison for senior night tonight. Freshman will start at 5, JV will follow, then senior night, then varsity will follow.Courtesy of Trojans Coach Cassie Laker.last_img

Read More

Criminal Proceedings: Blatter calls for Infantino’s suspension

first_img Loading… Former Fifa president Sepp Blatter has called for his successor, Gianni Infantino, to be suspended by the global football governing body after criminal proceedings were opened against him in Switzerland. The Swiss authorities said on Thursday (July 30) that proceedings had been launched against the current Fifa boss by a special prosecutor looking into meetings he had with then Swiss Attorney-General Michael Lauber. Lauber, who resigned last week, and Infantino have both denied wrongdoing. “For me, the situation is clear, that the Fifa ethics committee has to open a case against Mr Infantino and so it has to suspend him,” Blatter said in a statement to Reuters.Advertisement read also: Swiss special prosecutor opens criminal proceedings against FIFA president Blatter himself was suspended and later banned by Fifa’s ethics committee after he became the subject of criminal proceedings in Switzerland in 2015. The investigation is still ongoing and the 84-year-old, who has denied wrongdoing, has not been charged. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 center_img Promoted ContentBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemSuper Recognizable Outfits That Actors Wore In The Famous Movies8 Things That Will Happen If An Asteroid Hits Earth8 Addictive And Fun Coffee Facts10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreSuperhero Castings That People Hated But Were AmazingCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?The Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime7 Mind-Boggling Facts About Black Holeslast_img read more

Read More

Ripley County Middle CC Meet Results

first_imgThe Batesville Middle School boys won the Ripley County meet on Thursday.  Eli Loichinger finished 1st as the Ripley County champion, followed by Jake Chapman, 2nd, Otto Hund, 4th, Cannon Clark, 5th, Emi Lopez, 6th, Santiago Schutte, 9th, and Landon Raver, 10th.        The Batesville Middle School girls finished 2nd in the Ripley County meet.  Kaylynn Bedel finished 1st as the Ripley County champion, followed by Megan Allgeier, 2nd.    Boys-Batesville 18, Milan 56, South Ripley 64  Girls–Milan 36, Batesville 42, Jac-Cen-Del 42The Jac-Cen-Del Junior High Cross Country teams ran in the four school Ripley County Meet at Batesville on Thursday (10/3). The JCD girls’ team finished 3rd in a very close race. Virginia Minch, Emily Carf, and Zeda Kersey from JCD made the All-County Team (Top 10). The JCD boys’ team was incomplete. Marshall Johnson (JCD) made the All-County Team (Top 10).Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Derek Suits and Eagles Coach Steve Narwold.last_img read more

Read More

Black Cats accept McClean offer

first_imgSunderland have accepted an undisclosed bid from Wigan for winger James McClean, Press Association Sport understands. International honours soon followed, although with Ireland rather than his native Northern Ireland. He courted controversy when he opted not to wear a poppy on his shirt during a game against Everton which fell on Remembrance weekend, while he was also involved in a number of controversies on Twitter which led to O’Neill criticising him for using the social networking site. Ireland manager Giovanni Trapattoni took a liking to him, though, and selected him for Euro 2012, but new Sunderland boss Paolo Di Canio does not seem to be as big a fan and is willing to allow him to leave. The Italian has made sweeping changes at the club this summer, signing nine new players, and McClean, along with the already-departed Titus Bramble and Matthew Kilgallon, appears to be a victim of the new regime. McClean made 70 appearances for Sunderland scoring 11 goals. Press Associationcenter_img Should a deal now be done for the 24-year-old to drop down to the Sky Bet Championship, it will bring to an end a colourful stay on Wearside. McClean was signed by former manager Martin O’Neill from Derry City in 2011 and made an immediate impact when thrown into the Sunderland first team. last_img read more

Read More

Gunners still sweating over Ozil

first_img Press Association The Germany international – a £42million buy from Real Madrid last summer – suffered the problem during Tuesday’s 1-1 last-16 draw at Bayern Munich which saw Arsenal exit the Champions League. Speaking ahead of Sunday’s north London derby with Tottenham, manager Arsene Wenger told arsenal.com: “He’s out. I don’t know for how long but it is a hamstring injury. There are scans going on.” In a further blow, given Jack Wilshere’s absence with a broken foot, midfielder Aaron Ramsey’s return from a thigh injury has been delayed. Wenger added: “We have had to defer his comeback to full training so he is not available. He is having difficulties in the final stages of his rehab. It looks to be short term.” Left-backs Kieran Gibbs and Nacho Monreal have a “good chance” of being available. Gibbs has a fitness test on Friday. Swedish midfielder Kim Kallstrom could be in contention for his debut after signing despite a back injury, while Yaya Sanogo is available. Wenger said: “Kallstrom joins the normal training group today and Sanogo too. “I will have to decide if Kallstrom is okay to be in the squad on Sunday. I will see how he looks. It is not impossible.” center_img Arsenal are still assessing the severity of record signing Mesut Ozil’s hamstring injury.last_img read more

Read More

Frampton dismisses Hearn offer

first_img Press Association Belfast star Frampton insists the all-British bout can only take place as a co-promotion with his own Cyclone Promotions, and if an agreement cannot be reached he will instead pursue a voluntary defence of his IBF super-bantamweight crown. Frampton said in a statement: “My team and I have been in negotiations with Matchroom Sport to co-promote this fight. Carl Frampton has dismissed an alleged £1.5million offer made by Scott Quigg’s promoter Eddie Hearn and demanded more talks with a view to sealing a world title unification bout this summer.center_img ” It has been made very clear to Matchroom Sport throughout the entire negotiation period that this huge domestic fight can only take place as a co-promotion. “It is therefore frustrating that Matchroom have deviated from negotiations with this offer.” Hearn scribbled the sum on a cheque in front of cameras on Tuesday in a clear attempt to speed up negotiations for the bout. But television remains one of a number of potential sticking points with WBA champion Quigg under contract with Matchroom who work exclusively with Sky. Frampton meanwhile has been working with ITV and his last title defence in January was the first world title fight to be broadcast live on terrestrial TV in the UK for seven years. Hearn confirmed the £1.5million offer and said it was made after previous negotiations for the fight had reached a stalemate. He said in a statement: ” They (Cyclone Promotions) are right that negotiations have been ongoing but they ended last week when we hit a brick wall. “We’re frustrated. (Kell) Brook versus (Amir) Khan has fallen by the wayside and we want to make sure that this fight happens. “We’ve made Carl an offer of £1.5million to fight in Manchester on July 18. There’s no reason why this fight can’t happen and we are willing to put the money up. “There’s no offer from them and all the revenue is being delivered by us. We have massive respect for Carl, he’s a brilliant fighter that I have worked with in the past. These are two great champions and we just want to see the fight; let’s get it made.” last_img read more

Read More