Arguments in appellate-level ADA case against CU start Oct. 30

first_imgThe Fourth Circuit of Appeals will hear arguments Oct. 30 in an appeal by Department of Labor (DOL) FCU in a frivolous lawsuit alleging website noncompliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The lawsuit is just one of many around the country facing credit unions due to uncertainty about how the ADA applies to websites.CUNA filed a brief in Griffin v. DOL FCU in June, its first in such cases at the appellate level. A decision in this case will provide binding precedent for the Fourth Circuit.CUNA’s primary arguments on behalf of DOL FCU were:The district court correctly found that the appellant lacks standing, and had not suffered concrete and particularized harm because he does not meet the eligibility requirements to become a member of DOL FCU; continue reading » 1SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblrlast_img read more

Read More

Edo Sports Commission Bill for Final Reading Today

first_imgThe Speaker of Edo State House of Assembly, Hon. Frank Okiye, has assured that he and his colleagues are committed to the early passage of the Edo State Sports commission bill.The bill had earlier been sent to the last Edo House by Governor Godwin Obaseki in 2018 shortly after he set up the Edo State Sports Commission through an Executive bill. That House failed to do any serious work on the bill until their tenure lapsed.However, the Hon. Okiye led House immediately upon their inauguration commenced work on the bill. In one month, it has effected the first and second reading of the bill with the third and final reading slated for today, September 24, 2019. Hon. Okiye who disclosed this, said the |House was irrevocably committed to passing the bill in order to fast track sports development in Edo State.“There is no going back. We are wholly committed to this project, “ he noted.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

Read More

UFC star McGregor facing criminal charges in New York City

first_imgConor McGregor seeks to emerge from controversy in UFC comeback “The organization deems today’s disruption completely unacceptable and is currently working on the consequences that will follow,” UFC said in a statement. “Individuals involved in the incident are not welcome at tomorrow’s ceremonial weigh-in or Saturday’s event at Barclays Center.”McGregor hasn’t fought for UFC since November 2016 and was stripped this week by UFC President Dana White of the 155-pound championship he had never defended. White also said this week he did not expect McGregor to attend Saturday’s fights.McGregor profanely responded on Twitter and wrote, “You’ll strip me of nothing.”McGregor last fought in a boxing match he lost to Floyd Mayweather Jr. on Aug. 26, 2017.The popular Irishman is tight with UFC 223 fighter Artem Lobov, who was involved this week in a scuffle in a hotel with Khabib Nurmagomedov. Nurmagomedov fights Max Holloway on Saturday for the lightweight championship left vacant by McGregor.Lobov was yanked from the card and banned from the building.White said this week in New York that McGregor would fight again for UFC this year. McGregor’s actions now put future fights in doubt.McGregor once held the 145 and 155-pound championships at the same time and boldly stated he wanted an ownership stake in UFC.But the trash-talking, egocentric has been out of the fight game except for his boxing dalliance with Mayweather that made him wealthy enough to never need to fight again. McGregor and his girlfriend welcomed their first child, a son, in May 2017. In Liverpool, Man United sees the pain and path to recovery Judy Ann’s 1st project for 2020 is giving her a ‘stomachache’ Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next MOST READ LATEST STORIES Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Scarlett Johansson, Sterling K. Brown among SAG Awards presenters Japan female mayor loses fight to speak from sumo ringcenter_img White said the 29-year-old McGregor said he was sorry about the fighters who were injured, but, “this had to be done.”Video showed McGregor with a group of people causing chaos Thursday as they took an elevator to the loading dock at Barclays Center. He can be seen tossing trash cans and being prevented from throwing a barricade at a bus during his unannounced appearance in New York.Michael Chiesa was sent to the hospital with injuries sustained in the attack and was forced out of his scheduled fight against Anthony Pettis.“A decision was made by the New York State Athletic Commission to pull me from UFC 223,” Chiesa tweeted. “I’m devastated to say the least. @showtimepettis I hope to run this match up ASAP. June 9th in your backyard. That’s all I have to say for now. Much love.”Flyweight Ray Borg suffered multiple cornea abrasions in the wake of the McGregor attack and his fight against Brandon Moreno was also scratched.ADVERTISEMENT Recto seeks to establish Taal rehab body to aid community, eruption victims Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Cabuyao City rising above the ashes through volunteerism Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina The New York Police Department says McGregor was charged and is awaiting a court appearance Friday. He faces three counts of assault and one count of criminal mischief. It was not immediately known if McGregor has an attorney who could comment on his behalf.UFC President Dana White said Friday he spoke to McGregor via text and the brawler said the confrontation “had to be done.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown“It was probably the worst conversation we ever had,” White told FS1’s “First Things First” on Friday morning. “We talked yesterday before he turned himself in.“It’s not that I don’t think he understood what happened. He justified it. It was justified to him.” Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Ultimate fighting star Conor McGregor, left, is led by an official to an unmarked vehicle while leaving the 78th Precinct of the New York Police Department, Friday, April 6, 2018, in the Brooklyn borough of New York. McGregor is facing criminal charges in the wake of a backstage melee he allegedly instigated that has forced the removal of three fights from UFC’s biggest card of the year. Video footage appears to show the promotion’s most bankable star throwing a hand truck at a bus full of fighters after a Thursday news conference for UFC 223 at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center. (AP Photo/Julio Cortez)NEW YORK — Ultimate fighting star Conor McGregor is facing criminal charges after a backstage melee injured two fighters and forced the removal of three bouts on Saturday night from UFC’s biggest card this year.Video footage appears to show the promotion’s most bankable star throwing a hand truck at a bus full of fighters on Thursday after a news conference for UFC 223 at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center.ADVERTISEMENT View commentslast_img read more

Read More