first_imgOld Orchard Saturday DivisionFintown Harps AFC 0 Mulroy Celtic 4 (No Reports Submitted)Glencar Inn Saturday Reserve DivisionErne Wanderers Reserves 2 Milford United Reserves 2The home side started the brighter and kept their shape well and created a few early chances. Peter Boyle found the back of the net with 20 minutes on the clock after a great ball into the box from Dan Warnock. The keeper did well to save the first shot but Boyle was alert to the rebound and tapped it in from 5yds out. Erne fell asleep after the goal and gave away the ball toe easily in midfield. Milford went on the attack down the left and when the ball was squared into the box Shane Goan was caught wrong footed and knocked the ball past Karl O’ Brien into the Wanderers’ net. Philip Patton then hit the crossbar with a great effort from 40yds out and both sides created a few more chances but a mixture of bad finishing and great defending kept it honours even at the break. Another Wanderers mistake allowed Milford to go 2-1 ahead when, yet again, a soft ball gave away in their own half had them on the back foot. With just over an hour on the clock Wanderers won a free kick on the edge of the box which Patton calmly converted into the far corner. A good team performance from Milford with Packie Hill, Dan Warnock and James Kelly best for Erne. Referee: Frank DuffSt. Catherines Reserves 4 Curragh Athletic Reserves 2St Catherines hosted Curragh Reserves in Emerald Park and they got their first league win of the season. Saints started quickest and had Curragh pinned in their own half for the first 20 minutes. Paul McFadden put St Catherines in front after 15 minutes with a tap in from close range after good work down the left by Callum Quinn. McFadden doubled Saints’ lead on 25 minutes when he was quickest to react to a long kick-out from Shane O’Gara. Curragh got one back on 43 minutes after a quick counter attack, Garvin Tinney scored from close range. Curragh were level five minutes after the break when Simon Canning found the back of the net. St. Catherines restored their lead on 52 minutes when Eamon Bonner poked home from close range. Saints wrapped up all three points on 70 minutes when Stephen Leslie scored from a free kick from the edge of the box. Best for St Catherines were Shane O’Gara and Kyle Frame. Good team performance by Curragh. Referee: Seamus Mc GroryDrumoghill F.C. Reserves 2 Keadue Rovers Reserves 0Drumoghill came out on top in this game but the story could have been a lot different if Keadue had taken a few of their chances. Drumoghill’s first goal came in the 20th minute when John O’Kane headed home a Christy Martin corner. Keadue reacted well after the goal and should have had one of their own 10 minutes later when Boyle found himself one on one with Toner in the Drumoghill goals. Toner saved his strike with Richard Tinney clearing the rebound.The 2nd half was more of the same with Drumoghill pressing Keadue for that all important second goal. Keadue soaked up the pressure well but were limited to breaking on the counter attack. Goal number two did arrive for Drumoghill and it was a beauty. A Mark Gibson cross into the box was met by Ethan McCready’s bicycle kick which struck the back of Keadue’s net giving Ben Boyle no chance in the Keadue goals. Best for Keadue were James Burke & M. Boyle. Team Performance from Drumoghill. Referee: Liam Mc Conigley Glenea United Reserves 2 Donegal Town Reserves 1Glenea Reserves kept their good run in the league going with a well-earned victory over Donegal Town. The home side had the aid of a strong breeze and dominated the 1st half going close on a number of occasions until they finally opened the scoring on 20 minutes when from close range Martin Doohan stabbed the ball home after the visitors failed to clear a corner. Glenea continued to press for a 2nd goal and went close with efforts from Ciaran Mc Geady, Martin Maguire and Shane Ferry. Glenea doubled their lead on 38 minutes when Ciaran Gallagher’s long clearance found Ciaran Mc Geady who beat two defenders and played in Martin Maguire who slotted home from 10 yards. In the 2nd half Glenea continued to control the game and went close a number of times to extending their lead but failed to convert their chances. As the half progressed Donegal Town came more into the game and started to create a couple of chances and they were rewarded on 80 minutes when Nathan Ward scored with a fine drive from the edge of the box. Donegal Town pushed for an equaliser but were unable to find one. Best for Glenea were Kevin Doohan and Eugene Maguire while Nathan Ward tried hard for Donegal Town. Referee: Martin Coll.Cappry Rovers Reserves Glenree United ReservesMc Groddy with two for Glenree United Reserves and a Temple/Carr double for Cappry Rovers Reserves completed the goal-scoring in this Glencar Inn Saturday Reserve Division match between two sides from these two long established clubs.FAI Junior CupRathmullan Celtic 1 Gweedore Celtic 1(Rathmullan Celtic won 5-4 on Penalties)The Hoops are into the national stages of the FAI Junior Cup for the first time in ten years after a nail-biting penalty shootout victory over Gweedore Celtic at the Flagpole. The sides fought out a keenly contested 1-1 draw during 90 minutes and despite both teams coming close in extra time a shootout was the only way to separate them. Eoin Sheridan, Kevin Doran, Paddy Sheridan, Ryan Mc Cullagh and the gaffer Dara Patton all converted with Jay Dee Alainiye the unlucky Gweedore man to see his effort cannon back off Ian Strain’s left hand post. Gweedore got off to a perfect start when Chris McFadden latched on to a long direct ball and fired low past Strain on five minutes. The home side responded well with the excellent Niall Carruthers and James Gallagher causing problems on the left wing throughout the first half. It was a touch of class from Carruthers that levelled the game on 26 minutes. His trickery and power took him in off the wing and from 25-yards he blasted low into the corner of the net. Rathmullan had chances to win the game with the wind at their backs in the second half but it ended in stalemate. Eamonn McGee had the ball in the net late on for the visitors but Joe McHugh had already called him back for offside.Kilmacrennan Celtic 1 Glengad United 2The FAI Junior Cup clash between Kilmacrennan Celtic and Glengad was switched to Kerrykeel on Sunday due to a waterlogged pitch. Kilmacrennan were the first off the mark and got an early goal when Aidan Sweeney made a good run up the left side of the pitch and crossed it to Kevin Mc Menamin who hit the back of the net with just 6 minutes played. Their lead was short lived as 10 minutes later Glengad’s Jason Doherty equalised when the ball took an unfortunate bounce over the Kilmacrennan’s keepers head to roll into the net. Both teams matched each other for the remainder of the first half with a few chances at each end. Gavin Gorman and Ryan Sheilds held a strong defensive line that Glengad found difficult to penetrate but their persistence paid off when Glengad’s Terence Doherty scored what turned out to be the winner of the game in the 51st minute. The ball was crossed into the box and he made no mistake to slot the ball in the bottom left corner. The Kilmacrennan men sprung to life creating many chances to equalise. Eddie Doherty was unlucky and hit the wrong side of the post for Kilmac in the last minute of the game. This left the score-line at 2-1 to Glengad who now advance to the national stages of the FAI Junior Cup. Best for Kilmac: Christopher Dillon and Micheal McLaughlin. Best for Glengad: Terence Doherty. Referee: Marty QuinnCavan Rovers 3 Arranmore United 1Arranmore United made the long trip from the Island to Cavan to play the local Rovers in the FAI Junior Cup. Joined by many supporters Jerry Earley’s side made the trip with high hopes of progressing to the next round. That dream will have to wait for another season however as they found their opponents to be superior on the day. Having trailed 3-0 at one stage the Donegal League side did get a late consolation goal but that is all it was and they will now focus on their Saturday League ambitions.Cappry Rovers P Drumoghill F.C. P(This match was postponed due to fog)Deele Harps 0 Clones Town 1Deele’s good run in the FAI Cup came to an end against Clones Town at The Athletic Grounds. The game played in wet conditions was a real battle with Clones settling the best in the opening 10 minutes and forcing Chris Roulstone into two stunning saves. Deele grew into the game and were the better side for the remainder of the half with Shane Gallagher and Kevin Lynch both going close. The home team were by far the better side in the second half, Gary Wilson-Mc Girr causing problems on the wing with Shane Gallagher a real threat up top. Deele’s pressure led to a penalty being awarded in the 85th minute following a foul on Johnny Mahon, unfortunately for Deele the Clones keeper made a great save. The sucker punch for Deele came in added on time when a soft free kick was awarded on the Clones right. With extra time looming the free kick was delivered into the box and a scramble led to Deele defender deflecting into his own net. There was time for Deele to attack again but it came to nothing and Clones progress to the next round. Brilliant team performance from Deele. Brian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionMilford United 3 St. Catherines 3Milford and St. Catherine’s played out a hard fought and exciting match at a wet Moyle View Park on Sunday.Milford were dominant early on and should have found the net as they created a few good opportunities.The Killybegs men took the lead when Milford failed to clear the ball from a corner and Aidan McGinley drove home from 12 yards. Milford got the equaliser when Joey Cullen rose highest in the box to head home aGary Merritt free-kick. In the 44minute Shane O’Rourke broke from midfield and slotted home from 15 yards.In the second half St. Catherine’s were on the defensive hoping to hit Milford on the counter attack and they did in the 60minute when Andrew Mackey broke to slot home. Milford pushed hard to get back in the game and on 80 minutes a cross from PJ Hagan was headed down by Mark Flood and Gary Merritt held off Hugh McFadden to score. Five minutes later a ball into the box was headed home by Mark Flood to level the score. On 90 minutes Milford had a great chance to won the game when Kyle Black broke with only the keeper to beat but his effort came off the keeper and went wide. Good performance by both teams. Referee: Mick Langan.Castlefin Celtic 5 Kildrum Tigers 5A ten goal thriller in Park View saw both teams share the points. Castlefin took the lead after five minutes, JP Malley’s cross from the right wing found Barry Tourish free at the back post to tap home. Castlefin doubled their lead in 34th minute when JP Malley found Calvin Bradley in the middle, Bradley’s great strike went over the Kildrum keeper’s head and into the roof of the net from outside the box. Kildrum pulled one back from an excellent 30 yard strike. Kildrum equalised three minutes later when Reece Laird beat the offside trap and finished low into the bottom corner. Castlefin took the lead again a minute before half time, a mix up in the Kildrum defence allowed JP Malley to nip in and finish into an open net. Kildrum equalised five minutes into the second half with a penalty from Frankie Mc Brearty. Kildrum then took the lead for the first time in the game in the 60th minute, Gareth Colhoun finishing into an open net. Castlefin equalised in the 65th minute, Matthew O’Rourke’s corner found JP Malley at the back post who volleyed into the top corner. Castlefin took the lead again on 87 minutes when Kieran Brennan’s free kick found Peter Bryson at the back post to head home. Kildrum equalised deep in injury time with another penalty from Frankie Brearty. Referee: Kevin Logue. Best for Castlefin: Jp Malley and Kieran Brennan. Best for Kildrum: Gareth ColhounTemple Domestic Appliances Division OneDonegal Town P Kerrykeel ’71 F.C. P(This match was postponed due to an unplayable pitch)Lagan Harps 1 Keadue Rovers 3Lagan’s unbeaten league run came to an end when they lost to an impressive young Keadue side. Keadue had the first real effort when Chris Greene shot over. Kevin Kelly had Lagan’s first effort but his free was well saved by Ciaran Sharkey. Mark Hunter then burst through but again Ciaran Sharkey saved. Lagan took the lead when Kevin Kelly played in Mark Hunter who blasted home. Keadue equalised just before halftime when the Lagan keeper spilled a high free and Chris Greene fired home. Keadue had the better of the second half and took the lead on sixty minutes. Hugh Moyles lost his marker at a corner and headed home. Mark Hunter had a couple of efforts as Lagan pressed, Keadue wrapped up the points when Conor Greene did well to win a lost cause and crossed for Sean Burns to fire home, Lagan almost pulled a goal back on eighty five minutes when Mark Hunter fed Kenny Doran but his shot came back off he post. For Lagan David O’ Herlihy, Ronan Gibson and Mark Hunter were best. For Keadue Conor Greene, Jack O’Brien and Ciaran Sharkey were best. On this showing Keadue will be up there challenging for honours. Referee: Martin Mc Annaney. Convoy Arsenal 4 Cranford United 3Convoy Arsenal started this match on fire and raced into an early two goal lead. Despite falling behind Cranford didn’t let their heads drop and fought their way back into the game. They scored twice to level the match at the interval. An exciting second half produced three further goals with Convoy scoring twice to claim victory and three important points.Raphoe Town 0 Gweedore United 2Raphoe Town welcomed Gweedore United, the league leaders, to a very windy Deele College Grounds on what was a great surface after all the overnight rain. This was a very tight game between two very evenly matched teams going hammer and tongs in the first half. Raphoe had a few great chances through the impressive Jordan Curran and Keelin Gillen with Emmett Kelly and Christy Bogle dominated midfield. They pressed Gweedore for most of the first half. The second was much the same until the 65th minute when Gweedore took the lead with a beautiful strike from 25 yards. Raphoe had a great chance to level but Gillen headed wide then with 10 minutes remaining Gweedore sealed it with a goal from a goalmouth scramble. Team performances from both sides. Referee: John Mc Glanaghey.CT Ball Division TwoCurragh Athletic 2 Erne Wanderers 5(No report submitted)Letterbarrow Celtic P Dunkineely Celtic P(This match was postponed due to a bereavement)Eany Celtic 1 Glenree United 1The Division Two leaders arrived in Inver and found a resilient home side in good form. The home side were unlucky not to come away with all three points as they started well and had chances to score in the first ten minutes. The visitors settled but found the Eany goalkeeper and his defence in good form . The home side made the breakthrough on the half hour when good work by the Eany midfield found Stephen Griffin out on the wing. Griffin’s cross found Paul Mc Groarty in the box and he hit net. Both sides had chances during the remaining minutes of the half but it ended 1-0 at half time. The second half started with Glenree pushing hard for the equaliser. The Eany defence were defiant and the home side had chances to extend their lead but it remained 1-0 up to the 85th minute. A loose ball bobbled around the Eany defence and Kevin Doherty was on hand to put the ball in the net to make it 1-1. Good performance’s from both sides.RESULTSSaturday 7th NovemberOld Orchard Saturday DivisionFintown Harps AFC 0 v 4 Mulroy CelticGlencar Inn Saturday Reserve DivisionErne Wanderers Reserves 2 v 2 Milford United ReservesSt. Catherines Reserves 4 v 2 Curragh Athletic ReservesDrumoghill F.C. Reserves 2 v 0 Keadue Rovers ReservesGlenea United Reserves 2 v 1 Donegal Town ReservesCappry Rovers Reserves 2 v 2 Glenree United ReservesSunday 8th NovemberFAI Junior CupRathmullan Celtic 1 v 1 Gweedore Celtic(Rathmullan Celtic won 5-4 on Penalties)Kilmacrennan Celtic 1 v 2 Glengad UnitedCavan Rovers 3 v 1 Arranmore UnitedCappry Rovers P v P Drumoghill F.C.Deele Harps 0 v 1 Clones TownBrian Mc Cormick Sports Premier DivisionMilford United 3 v 3 St. CatherinesCastlefin Celtic 5 v 5 Kildrum TigersTemple Domestic Appliances Division OneDonegal Town P v P Kerrykeel ’71 F.C.Lagan Harps 1 v 3 Keadue RoversConvoy Arsenal 4 v 3 Cranford UnitedRaphoe Town 0 v 2 Gweedore UnitedCT Ball Division TwoCurragh Athletic 2 v 5 Erne WanderersLetterbarrow Celtic P v P Dunkineely CelticEany Celtic 1 v 1 Glenree UnitedFIXTURESSaturday 14th November K.O. 2 p.m. ( Unless Stated )Old Orchard Saturday DivisionArranmore United v Strand Rovers (K.O. 1 p.m.)Drumbar F.C. v Fintown Harps AFCDrumkeen United v Orchard F.C.Mulroy Celtic v Glencar CelticGlencar Inn Saturday Reserve DivisionKeadue Rovers Reserves v Erne Wanderers ReservesMilford United Reserves v St. Catherines ReservesDonegal Town Reserves v Drumoghill F.C. ReservesGlenree United Reserves v Glenea United ReservesCurragh Athletic Reserves v Castlefin Celtic ReservesSunday 15th November K.O. 2 p.m.Oscar Traynor TrophyDonegal Junior League v Inishowen LeagueDONEGAL LEAGUE: ALL THE REPORTS, RESULTS AND FIXTURES was last modified: November 8th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Donegal Leaguelast_img read more

Read More