18 days ago​Liverpool attacker Shaqiri explains changes from Bayern Munich days

first_img​Liverpool attacker Shaqiri explains changes from Bayern Munich daysby Ansser Sadiq18 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool winger Xherdan Shaqiri has spoken about how he’s changed since his days at Bayern Munich.The Swiss star failed to make the grade at Bayern as a youngster.He eventually moved to Stoke City in the Premier League. Their relegation prompted a cut price move to Liverpool last summer.”Over the years I have become calmer and more patient,” he told Schweizer Illustrierte.”I would probably last longer in Munich today and waited for my chance. I know that I have to give myself more time for my career steps now.” About the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Read More

Weinstein Co overwhelmed by backlash may be up for sale

first_imgNEW YORK, N.Y. – The Weinstein Co., besieged by sexual harassment allegations against its namesake and co-founder, may be putting itself up for sale.The company said Monday that it will receive an immediate cash infusion from Colony Capital and is in negotiations for the potential sale of all or a significant portion of the company responsible for producing films such as “Django Unchained,” ”The Hateful Eight” and “Lion.”Colony Capital, the private-equity arm of Colony NorthStar, was founded by Thomas Barrack, a close adviser to President Donald Trump. Barrack chaired Trump’s presidential inaugural committee.Harvey Weinstein was fired last week by the film production company he helped create. The allegations of sexual harassment and assault against Weinstein span decades and include many of the film industry’s leading actresses.The backlash has been severe as more women go public with their interactions with Weinstein.Law enforcement in the U.S. and Europe are taking a new look at past allegations.The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has revoked his membership, as has the British Academy of Film and Television Arts.“This has got to be a fire sale,” said Richard Levick, chairman and CEO of crisis-management firm Levick International. He added that while he doesn’t think anyone would be interested in buying the Weinstein name, they might be interested in “buying the pieces.”Amazon Studios, the growing film arm of Amazon, cut ties with the Weinstein company last week. Robert De Niro, Julianne Moore and director David O. Russell scrapped an untitled Amazon Studios series that was being produced by The Weinstein Co.Showtime has threatened to pull out of an Oliver Stone drama in development, “Guantanamo,” because Weinstein Co. is a producer.“The stink from this is so substantial that it makes almost anyone to try to defend them to become an untouchable,” Levick said.Word of a potential sale comes just three days after Bob Weinstein, who helped found the company with his brother, Harvey, said that a sale was not an option.“We are pleased to invest in The Weinstein Company and to help it move forward,” Colony said Monday. “We will help return the company to its rightful iconic position in the independent film and television industry.”Now, Colony will have to weigh a sale price against “brand liability,” Levick said. This includes unknown things such as how many more women may come forward.The list of women alleging harassment and assault by Harvey Weinstein continues to grow. More than 30 women, including actresses Angelina Jolie, Ashley Judd and Gwyneth Paltrow — have spoken out.___Business writers Stanley J. Choe and Barbara Ortutay contributed to this report.last_img read more

Read More

Around 82 unlicensed arms and 2113 cartridges seized

first_imgNEW DELHI: Around 82 unlicensed arms and 2,113 cartridges along with 16,495 litres of illicit liquor have been seized in the national capital since March 10 when the model code of conduct for the LokSabha polls came into force, Delhi’s Chief Electoral Officer Ranbir Singh Monday said. Singh said 75 FIRs have also been registered under the Arms Act and 93 persons have been arrested. He said 235 FIRs have been registered under Excise Act while 242 people have been also been arrested for Excise Act violation. “Around 16,495 litres of illicit liquor has been seized besides 94 kg narcotics. As many as 13,001 people have been booked under CRPC and Delhi police act violation. Six cases have been registered in connection with the misuse of car under various categories like election purposes, gratification or voters among others,” Singh told reporters. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murderAs the CEO claims that till now, around 90,937 hoardings, banners and posters have been removed all over Delhi. Out of which 30,533 have been removed from New Delhi Municipal Council 3,141 from East Delhi Municipal Corporation, 41,131 from South Delhi Corporations, 13,721 from North Delhi Municipla Corporation and 2,411 from Delhi Cantonment Board respectively. Around two lakh people have been added to the electoral roll in Delhi in the last two months, taking the total number of eligible voters to 1.39 crore at present which includes 77,05,537 men, 62,82,366 women and 665 third gender voters, he added. Also Read – Two brothers held for snatchingsIt also includes 1,81,756 voters between the age-group of 18-19, he said. Singh pointed out that there has been an increase of 90,000 to one lakh voters after model code of conduct came into force. The general elections will begin on April 11 and will be held over seven phases, followed by counting of votes on May 23. The elections in Delhi are due on May 12. Polling stations will be established at 2,696 locations, he said, adding 13,816 polling stations would be set up, with a model polling station in each Assembly constituency. There would 425 critical polling stations, as per current assessment, officials said. Delhi has seven Lok Sabha seats and 70 Assembly constituencies.last_img read more

Read More

More than 600 unidentified bodies found in three months

first_imgNew Delhi: More than 600 unidentified bodies were recovered from different parts of Delhi in three months. The city police said that they follow proper rules as per Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) in the case of unidentified bodies and conduct a proper investigation to establish the identity of the deceased.The Delhi Police data accessed by Millennium Post revealed that 623 unidentified bodies were recovered from different parts of the city till March this year. “In some cases, police were able to establish the identity of the deceased,” said an officer. In the year 2018, as many as 2,991 bodies were recovered and in 2017 nearly 2,615 bodies were found. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murderSoon after the recovery of the unidentified body, a daily diary (DD) entry is lodged at the police station or post, and the concerned SHO/ACP are informed immediately. The body is photographed from different angles to ensure that the face and identification marks are captured clearly in the photographs. The body is then sent for autopsy to ascertain the cause of death. “The body is preserved for at least 72 hours in the mortuary and all efforts are made to identify the body. Wireless Messages are flashed to all SHOs, ACPs and DCPs in Delhi and to all district SSPs in India,” police said. Also Read – Two brothers held for snatchingsHue and Cry notices with the photograph of the deceased are pasted or distributed. The clothes, ornaments and other articles found with the deceased is preserved. Any birthmark, scar, tattoo mark, tailor mark on clothing are clearly recorded. “If the deceased is identified, his/her relatives and acquaintances are contacted to find out the possible reasons for the death,” police said. Help of members of Eyes and Ears Scheme is also sought in identifying the deceased. In many instances, bodies were found on the track and in some cases it was suspected that the person was crossing the track when he or she was hit by the train. In January 2018, as many as 73 persons died in train accidents reported from different railway stations in Delhi, of which 65 were males and eight were females. In some cases, the identification of the body led to the murderer. In one such case happened last year, Abdul Hakim Ansari was arrested for killing his wife inside train. On July 7, 2018, a woman’s body was found lying in a train coach at Old Delhi Railway Station. Police preserved that body as unidentified. After killing his wife, the husband thought that like any case of the unclaimed unidentified body, police would close the case. For further updates, the accused went to the Old Delhi police station on July 23 and was shocked that the woman’s body was preserved by police and further investigation led to his arrest.last_img read more

Read More

United to join City in battle for Portuguese youngster

first_imgManchester United are planning to join Manchester City in the race to sign Ruben Neves from Wolverhampton Wanderers, according to Metro.The Premier League giants are monitoring their rivals’ interest in the young Portuguese midfielder and will make an offer for the player should City submit a bid for him in the next transfer window.Pep Guardiola is a keen admirer of the Wolves star and he is believed to be interested in bringing him to the Etihad stadium in January, especially after missing out on the signing of Jorginho.The former Barcelona manager is keen to sign a long-term replacement for Fernandinho and has been impressed with Neves’ distribution at the base of a midfield three for Wolves.Cristiano Ronaldo, Nemanja Vidic, Manchester UnitedVidic: “Ronaldo is the most professional footballer I’ve seen” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Nemanja Vidic opened up on how a 21-year-old Cristiano Ronaldo’s professionalism left him stunned at Manchester United.However, Neves shares the same agent as Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho and the Portuguese tactician could use that to his advantage in the race for the 21-year-old’s services.Neves is just one year into his five-year deal at Molineux and Wolves’ Chinese owners are under no pressure to cash in on the Portugal international following his £15.8m move from Porto. However, Mendes’ influence at the club is strong and it’s unlikely that one of his clients would be denied such a move to one of the Manchester clubs given it could compromise Wolves’ relationship with the super-agent.United’s interest in Neves is likely to raise further question marks over Paul Pogba’s future at Old Trafford. The Frenchman has refused to commit his long-term future to the club and raised the possibility of leaving United in the ‘coming months’ in an interview this week.last_img read more

Read More

Harry Wilson admits Gareth Bale is still the freekick expert

first_imgHarry Wilson who is gradually building a reputation as a dead-ball specialist netted a superb strike to put his side ahead of Ireland on Tuesday’s round of the UEFA Nations league.Bale, though injured tweeted in appreciation of his country’s win in Dublin, but the on-loan Liverpool midfielder accepts he will be stepping down for the Madrid superstar as soon as he is up and running.‘I’ll be putting my name forward but I think he (Bale) is still at the front of the queue – and rightly so,’ Wilson said during the post-match interview.‘When Gareth is here we stand back and watch him take them because he is that good.’‘But it is important to have a couple of players good on dead balls. It is good to have that option.’Players who made it public that they weren’t happy in their club Jozef Fabian – September 12, 2019 Football is about so much more than what happens on the pitch.The 21-year-old is a winger and plays for Championship side Derby County, on loan from Premier League side Liverpool. He also netted a spectacular goal last month to give his side victory at Old Trafford during their Carabao cup campaign.The Welsh manager and former Manchester United player, Ryan Giggs also made some funny comments upon naming his squad to face Ireland. He said he was considering slamming a fine on Wilson for scoring against his beloved United.‘He hasn’t got round to it yet, and I’m hoping that goal will make him forget about it.’ Wilson said via Sky Sports.‘I don’t know (which was the best) but I enjoyed them both. When you score for your country, no matter what type of goal it is, then its special. But then as a Liverpool fan to score at Old Trafford was also special. They are both there.’last_img read more

Read More

Tourism report calls for strong direction exposes lack of planning

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Cruise figures forecast to drop, says Tourism Director TCI beaches the back drop in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition Related Items:KPMG, national tourism symposium, tci tourist board Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 24 Nov 2015 – The KPMG National Tourism report is released and reveals that the Caribbean is the most dependent region in the world on Tourism and out of the 185 countries the world over, the Turks and Caicos is the nation third most dependent upon the industry. KPMG calls the tourism tale of the Turks and Caicos a success story; air arrivals have doubled in the past 12 years and cruise ship arrivals shot from 0 to nearly a million in just seven. We see that residents believe tourism provides the best career opportunities and that nearly all visitors enjoy their vacation experience here; 96% are satisfied and 98% would recommend the destination. The downside though is the TCI has stumbled into its tourism success and that to date there is no national development plan, no tourism market development strategy and the country, believe or not, has no tourism marketing plan.The KPMG report says the TCI Tourist Board possesses something they call the ‘Z-Factor’; and if you think it is positive thing, think again. The ‘Z-Factor’ points to consistent under-funding of the Tourist Board; the potential to have enduring success has been railroaded by unsustainable extremes. The Tourist Board has gone from receiving as much as $14.6 million between 2006 and 2009 per fiscal year, to now getting just $2.2 million dollars for this budget year. Add to this, The Turks and Caicos is not proactive when it comes to inward investment and this reactive posture has seen resources wasted on incomplete projects. KPMG was contracted last year for the comprehensive review of tourism and among its recommendations was the introduction of 15 programs to be implemented this year and it includes preparing a three year tourist board budget. There is more to come from the 106 page report presented last week at the National Tourism Symposium by Managing Director, Gary Brough. TCI: Savory favors investor residency status, heralds KPMG economic report, says Caicos link is economic lifeline Recommended for youlast_img read more

Read More

Lucas Paqueta Kakas my idol

first_imgAC Milan new signing Lucas Paqueta revealed his desire to follow in his “idol” Kaka’s footsteps during his own playing careerDespite reported interest from Real Madrid and Barcelona, Paqueta chose to join Milan for a reported €35m fee from Brazilian side Flamengo.The 21-year-old midfielder is regarded as one of most exciting talents in South American football and has been compared to Milan legend and fellow Brazilian Kaka.Now Paqueta, who will officially join Milan on January 1 when the transfer window opens, revealed his admiration for Kaka.“Kaka’s my idol,” said Paqueta, according to Football-Italia.“He had a brilliant career and it’s clear that I’d like to follow in his footsteps, but I also want to tell my own story at Milan.Maurizio Sarri, JuventusMaurizio Sarri satisfied despite Juventus’ draw at Fiorentina Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Maurizio Sarri was satisfied with Juventus’ performance on Saturday afternoon after finishing a tough game at Fiorentina 0-0.“I’d like to take his best traits did and do the best I can. I’ve already been to Milan and everything’s been very calm so far.“It was a period of adaptation, also for my family. I hope to adapt as quickly as possible when I go back to Milan and help the team on the field.”Kaka himself was a former midfielder who managed 104 goals and 65 assists in 307 appearances for Milan across all competitions.The ex-Brazil international won the Serie A, Champions League, Club World Cup and Italian Super Cup at the San Siro.The 2007 Ballon d’Or winner also had spells with Sao Paulo, Real Madrid and Orlando City before retiring in 2017.last_img read more

Read More

Coleman will be hurt for Everton snub

first_imgAccording to former Irish footballer Richard Dunne, Seamus Coleman will be deeply hurt after being dropped from the Everton side.Seamus Coleman was not selected to play in Everton’s last match.And according to former Irish footballer Richard Dunne, this will hurt the player tremendously.“Seamus Coleman is not used to being dropped, for club or country, so the fact that he was left out of the Everton side for their last game will hurt,” Dunne wrote on The Independent.“But Seamus won’t panic and he won’t throw a strop looking for a move. He will do what he has always done and work hard to get back to where he was.”Premier LeaguePremier League Betting: Match-day 5 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Going into the Premier League’s match-day five with a gap already beginning to form at the top of the league. We will take a…“It’s tough for Seamus as when a team are going through a bad spell, such as Everton are at the moment; the manager does not want the spotlight to be on him so he makes changes to the team,” he commented.“The boss will usually look for a response, maybe find a lucky starting XI from the changes he’s made to get him that result he needs to ease the pressure.”“Seamus has been around long enough to understand all of this and that it’s part of the professional game,” Dunne explained.“He was out of the side for the last game away to Leicester but he could well be back in for their FA cup tie at home to Lincoln City tomorrow. He has to stay patient.”last_img read more

Read More